Get some exercise! Discover the benefits that exercise brings to your performance every day. Many people believe that physical exercise is just for people obsessed with having a good figure and highly competitive athletes. But actually, exercising brings many benefits to general health, especially mental health.
In this article, you will discover the benefits that exercise brings to your performance every day. In addition, we provide you with an alternative exercise routine that you can practice daily to stay healthy.
Why is it good exercise?
Regular physical exercise and sustained physical activity are associated with improved physical and mental fitness. Many studies have shown that some exercise is always better for your health than no exercise at all.
It has also been shown that the benefit increases the greater the physical activity carried out, whether it is greater intensity, a greater frequency, or a longer duration of exercise, without a threshold having been demonstrated beyond which there is no more benefit. Both aerobic and resistance exercise are beneficial to health.
What are the consequences of not exercising?
More and more people are giving up the habit of exercising because of little free time, an injury, or even because of simple laziness. For whatever reason, not exercising can cause us multiple health problems, which we will see later.
Despite the hectic and stressful pace of life we usually lead today, anyone can take half an hour a day to go for a walk, right? Just with this simple gesture, we will do enough exercise to activate our bodies. And if you dare to do more intense exercises and for a longer time, the better! You can also opt for calmer but equally effective disciplines, such as pilates or yoga. Swimming is also a great option if you can’t exercise due to some injury.
Some of the most common consequences of not exercising are:
1. Increase in blood pressure
Veins and arteries are flexible and adapt to blood flow. If we exercise regularly, the blood vessels widen, and this helps lower blood pressure. However, if we lead a sedentary life, the blood vessels adapt to this lower blood flow, narrowing. Because of this narrowing, blood pressure rises. This increase in blood pressure can be very harmful to organs as important as the heart or kidneys.
2. Deterioration of heart condition, get some exercise
Regular exercise helps us strengthen the heart, thus improving heart health. However, if we lead a sedentary life, this muscle will weaken little by little, which can cause different problems and dysfunctions. In addition, other problems derived from a lack of exercise, such as increased cholesterol, fat, and blood pressure, will also negatively affect heart health.
3. Worsening of blood circulation, get some exercise
The narrowing of the blood vessels and the weakening of the heart. This will mean that all your organs and other body parts receive less oxygen and essential nutrients, impairing their functioning.
4. Respiratory problem, get some exercise
Exercising regularly also helps us improve lung health and widen the airways. This allows us to breathe better and have a greater lung capacity. However, if we do not exercise, our lungs will gradually lose capacity, which can cause the development of respiratory allergies or asthma, or other more serious respiratory problems.
5. Muscle degeneration
If we do not exercise regularly, our muscles will gradually atrophy, producing a significant loss of strength. In addition, this gradual atrophy can end up causing muscle, joint, and back pain. By hindering blood circulation, the whole body will receive less oxygen, which will cause, among other things, a feeling of continuous fatigue.
6. Increased fluid retention, get some exercise
Thanks to exercise, we get rid of many toxins and waste that accumulate in our bodies. However, if we do not exercise regularly, these toxins and waste will stay in our bodies for longer, thus increasing fluid retention.
7. Loss of skin tone, get some exercise
Thanks to exercise, we get our skin to be much smoother and more toned. In addition, as we mentioned before, exercise helps us eliminate toxins from our bodies. However, if we follow a sedentary lifestyle, our skin will gradually lose smoothness and elasticity and accumulate toxins and waste, causing flaccidity, cellulite, and the appearance of premature signs of aging, such as spots and wrinkles.
8. Mood swings, get some exercise
As we mentioned before, the lack of exercise does not allow the proper absorption of the necessary nutrients, and that not enough oxygen reaches the body’s organs, including the brain. This directly affects the production of neurotransmitters that cause feelings of well-being and happiness, causing states of decay and even depression.
What are the benefits of exercising regularly?
It is proven that those who exercise constantly have less risk of getting sick and can also have a longer and fuller life. Well-being is not only physical, the mind also favors from it. When a person exercises, they look and feel good about themselves.
Some benefits of physical activity are:
1. Aerobic exercises are one of the best alternatives because people need to breathe faster and faster, and they promote good blood circulation. Some of the most common exercises are walking, jogging, swimming, dancing, etc. These exercises allow blood pressure to drop, reducing the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
2. Helps in the prevention of colon cancer, as it accelerates the passage of waste through the intestines. Also, by regulating hormone levels, you can help prevent breast and prostate cancer.
3. Exercising allows people to even improve their mental health, helping them control and reduce stress, anxiety, and even some problems like phobias and panic attacks. It is very functional as a support in the treatment of depression, as effective as drugs, but without side effects.
4. In children it can increase bone density, in adolescents it strengthens them and in adult life it delays degeneration. It can prevent osteoporosis.
5. With exercise, the immune system is temporarily sped up, and it increases its capacity and defenses for the body.
6. Regular physical activity helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level, which not only helps you control your weight but also helps you avoid the risk of type 2 diabetes.
7. With exercise you can maintain your ideal weight since if you burn calories you may reach an energy balance.
8. The flow of oxygen to the brain increases, so learning, concentration, memory, and alertness can be improved.
9. It benefits the quality of sleep. An active lifestyle can mean a more restful and deep sleep, which stimulates concentration throughout the day, increases your productivity, and promotes a better mood.
What kind of exercise can I do daily?
Exercising 20 minutes a day is more than enough to keep you in shape, but how? What exercises? Here are some exercises you can easily do at home:
- Pushups with or without knees supported.
- Stride on-site without moving forward.
- Abdominal plank on forearms and with the tip of the feet supported, with the knees locked and maintaining a well-marked pelvic retroversion.
Now that you can discover the benefits that exercise brings to your performance every day, you can create an exercise routine that perfectly adapts to your tastes and needs to keep you completely in shape without having to leave the house.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!